Welcome to Kakano 6 for 2022

This blog will be your one-stop shop for weekly notices and class information.  I will also share what happened during the week in class with you through the week.  I always aim to have the weekly information blog published by 3pm on a Sunday.  It is essential to check this weekly.

I am sure you and your child are anxious and a lot excited to start our school year.  I have been busy setting up our classroom and getting things sorted for the first day of school on Tuesday, the 8th of February.

___________________________________________________

A bit about me ....



I am a Mum of four children, 3 boys and a girl.  My boys are all studying and working, with one in Wellington, one in Hamilton, and one still at home.  My daughter is in her final year at St Mary's.  My husband works for Fire and Emergency New Zealand as a senior Trainer for new firefighters.  
I love to travel and due to restrictions, I have spent the summer exploring what our local area has to offer. As a family we love to be out on the ocean, fishing out of Whakatane and the Coromandel.

I have been teaching for some time.  I completed my teaching qualification in Early Childhood and worked in Early Childhood and Kindergarten for 16 years before having a break to spend time at home with my children.  5 years ago I made the change to primary school and I have taught at St Mary's since.  I have been a part of the St Mary's family for longer than that though as my boys all attended here.  
It is a privilege to work alongside young children and support them start their school life.






___________________________________________________

I look forward to seeing you all next week at our interviews.  This is an opportunity for us to reconnect and for you to ask any questions you may have.

If you need to contact me at any stage, the easiest way to do this is to send me an email:
Lorrainet@stmarysrotorua.school.nz

I hope you have all had a restful and enjoyable summer.
Lorraine





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4

Literacy in Kakano 6

Week 8